We’re currently looking for an experienced and motivated Senior Rails Developer/Project Manager to join our development team here at Brightbox.
You’ll work closely both with our Development and Technical Teams to develop our customer control panel and other backend systems. We’re looking for someone who, in addition to being a great coder, will be an integral part of the team and an organised and enthusiastic project manager.
The role is full-time and you can work from home, from our office in Leeds, or a bit of both (the rest of us do a bit of both).
Send a hello, a CV and salary expectations to jobs at the Brightbox UK domain. CVs should be in an open format, preferably PDF or plain text. Closing date is Friday 11th September 2009.
As always, recruitment agents should e-mail our special recruitment company email address: root@localhost
- Work under the Technical Director and with our other developers to:
- Maintain and extend our “cloud” management systems
- Maintain and extend our billing system
- Build the front end for our next generation of deployment systems
- Help with application consultancy (advising customers how to design and scale their apps)
- Work on side-projects that help the community and promote Brightbox (such as isitruby19.com)
- Extract code to be shared with the community as open source/free software
- Invent and develop new ideas for services and products
- Project manage several concurrent projects
- Work from home or our office in Leeds
- Great Ruby on Rails coding skills
- A track record of implementing live RoR sites
- Experience of test driven development using RSpec
- Experience of deploying Rails using tools such as Capistrano
- Experience of project management desirable
- Proactive developer able to work independently as well as part of the team
- Suited to working in an agile, flexible environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Living within 2 hours of the UTC time zone